Gondia maneater tiger shot at but survives
- Farmer's suicide: PM says death has shattered the nation, Congress demands FIR against Modi, Kejriwal
- India needs a law to protect Internet: Rahul on Net Neutrality
- Late night storm claims 32, injures over 80 in Bihar
- A father-daughter angle in latest IPL conflict of interest
- Pak Army announces special force for protecting Chinese citizens
The tiger in Gondia which has killed five women since December 15 dodged the joint team of Force Department and police commandos to escape the area where it was believed have been seen since Sunday.
"There were reports of it being sighted at Salebardi where it had killed Muktabai Ganvir on December 24. So we moved our teams there. One of the teams spotted the animal near a bush. All other teams were called out and the police commandos fired 25 rounds there. But the animal managed to run away," said DFO Rama Rao. The place is 15 km from the boundary of Navegaon National Park. "The tiger is apparently returning to its original place," he said.