Gondia maneater tiger shot at but survives
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
The tiger in Gondia which has killed five women since December 15 dodged the joint team of Force Department and police commandos to escape the area where it was believed have been seen since Sunday.
"There were reports of it being sighted at Salebardi where it had killed Muktabai Ganvir on December 24. So we moved our teams there. One of the teams spotted the animal near a bush. All other teams were called out and the police commandos fired 25 rounds there. But the animal managed to run away," said DFO Rama Rao. The place is 15 km from the boundary of Navegaon National Park. "The tiger is apparently returning to its original place," he said.