Gondia maneater tiger shot at but survives
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- RSP quits LDF, to go alone in Lok Sabha elections
The tiger in Gondia which has killed five women since December 15 dodged the joint team of Force Department and police commandos to escape the area where it was believed have been seen since Sunday.
"There were reports of it being sighted at Salebardi where it had killed Muktabai Ganvir on December 24. So we moved our teams there. One of the teams spotted the animal near a bush. All other teams were called out and the police commandos fired 25 rounds there. But the animal managed to run away," said DFO Rama Rao. The place is 15 km from the boundary of Navegaon National Park. "The tiger is apparently returning to its original place," he said.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today