Goods worth Rs 30 lakh stolen from showroom
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi files his nomination from Varanasi, says technology upgradation and branding needed for development of Kashi
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Manmohan Singh casts vote in Guwahati, dismisses Modi-wave in country
- Letter by Xavier's principal criticising Gujarat model taken down from college website
- Elections 2014 Phase 6 LIVE: Slow voting in Mumbai, UP records 24 % in first four hours
In an electronics showroom on Chandigarh road, burglars decamped with electronic gadgets, including expensive mobile phones, laptops, I-pads and cameras besides Rs 2.25 lakh in cash on Saturday.
The police division number 7 have registered a case in this regard against unidentified accused.
The CCTVs installed in the showroom caught two youths stealing. The police have taken the video recording and initiated investigation.
Davinder Dhawan, owner of DeeKay Electronics, said they came to know about the incident at 11.30 am on Sunday as they opened the shutters. He was aghast at seeing the showroom ransacked. The security guard of the showroom was present outside the main gate of the showroom but he was unaware.
Dhawan said he incurred a loss of Rs 30 lakh in the incident.
Division Number 7 SHO Inspector Raj Kumar said the police had registered a case against unidentified accused and trying to identify the accused through CCTV footage.
Burglars strike at PAU Kisan Mela
Striking during the Kisan Mela in Punjab Agricultural University on Saturday, burglars fled away with a laptop and camera from a car after breaking the windowpane of a car. The PAU police station registered a case against unidentified people.
Hitesh Sharma, an officer at crop Science Company, Chandigarh, said he was busy in Kisan Mela while his driver was sitting in the car. The driver went to an eatery, but on returning, he found that the windowpane of the car was broken and the bag was stolen.
ASI Mohan Lal at PAU police station said they had been trying to locate the miscreants.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling