Google doodle game celebrates Zamboni ice machine inventor
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Google's logo on Wednesday was transformed into an ice rink – and an entertaining game for its doodle.
One had to click the play button on the centre of the logo to begin the game, and then watch as skaters twirl and play hockey on the ice, the Mirror reported.
Using your arrow keys you then controlled a machine that cleaned the scuffmarks on the ice – one had to make sure you get it all done before you run out of petrol.
You can collect fuel cans, coffee pots and ice creams to boost your petrol levels and earn bonus points.
But the gamer had to avoid the banana peels, which slowed you down. There were also mystery objects.
The doodle marks what would have been the 112th birthday of American inventor and entrepreneur Frank Zamboni.
Zamboni was best known for inventing the ice resurfacing machine in Los Angeles in 1949, the inspiration of the game. Zamboni died in 1988.