Google doodle game celebrates Zamboni ice machine inventor
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
Google's logo on Wednesday was transformed into an ice rink – and an entertaining game for its doodle.
One had to click the play button on the centre of the logo to begin the game, and then watch as skaters twirl and play hockey on the ice, the Mirror reported.
Using your arrow keys you then controlled a machine that cleaned the scuffmarks on the ice – one had to make sure you get it all done before you run out of petrol.
You can collect fuel cans, coffee pots and ice creams to boost your petrol levels and earn bonus points.
But the gamer had to avoid the banana peels, which slowed you down. There were also mystery objects.
The doodle marks what would have been the 112th birthday of American inventor and entrepreneur Frank Zamboni.
Zamboni was best known for inventing the ice resurfacing machine in Los Angeles in 1949, the inspiration of the game. Zamboni died in 1988.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2