Google India's 'Great Online Shopping Festival' starts December 11
- Mulayam Singh Yadav questions death penalty for rape, says 'boys make mistakes'
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- Jet flight out of contact for 30 mins, causes panic, 2 pilots grounded
- Elections 2014 Live: EC to take stern action over attack on poll officials by TMC men
Google India's mega online shopping festival, 'Great Online Shopping Festival' (GOSF), will be held between December 11 to 13. Intended to boost the adoption of online shopping in India, GOSF brings all the leading e-commerce players in India on a common platform.
The Great Online Shopping Festival had received a good response last year. This year, the shopping mela will have about 241 players offering their best deals across India for 72 hours. All the leading e-commerce players, local and classified companies, online travel sites, auto companies, telecom companies, fashion labels, health and wellness companies, banking and financial services will be participating in this mega shopping festival.
Industry estimates suggests there are close to 20 million online shoppers in India and it is estimated to grow to 50 million in next few years, making it a 16-billion dollar industry.
"In the last edition of Great Online Shopping Festival, most players saw over 350% growth in their daily sales. The festival saw participation from all over India with 50% buyers making a online purchase for the first time," said Nitin Bawankule, Industry Director eCommerce, Google India.
"As new Internet users come aboard, we continue to see a very healthy growth in online searches for online shopping, with over 40 percent queries coming from mobile phones. We have extended the festival to three days to cater to the growing demand and hope to attract many first time buyers this year."
According to Rajan Anandan, VP & Managing Director, Google India Great Online Shopping Festival is India's version of Cyber Monday in the west and is an exciting platform to raise awareness and consumer adoption of online shopping in India.
This edition of Great Online Shopping Festival will be offering discounts ranging from 20% up to 80% on footwear, imported cars, property deals, holiday packages, insurance, spa packages, event tickets, grocery coupons, books, jewellery etc.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi