Google maps New Year's resolutions around the world
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's book by Rajiv Gandhi govt was wrong: Chidambaram
- Woman IPS officer transferred after spat with Haryana health minister
- Pakistan ready for talks with India without preconditions, says Nawaz Sharif: Report
- Cabinet expansion in Maharashtra sets pitch for lobbying in BJP
- Bhushans should join BJP, says AAP after criticism of Janlokpal
Google is letting people peg their New Year's resolutions to an online map and see what promises others around the world have set out to keep in 2013.
By yesterday, a resolutions section at the California Internet giant's 2012 Zeitgeist website had logged half a million entries, more than a third of which involved desires
to love or be loved.
Vows to improve personal health were rife in the United States, while Russia was at the head of the class when it came to education-focused resolutions, according to Google.
Pledges mapped at google.com/zeitgeist/2012/resolutions were divided into categories that included love, health, finance, career, education and family.
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past
- IS repeat that they are doing these to ensure that we live in a world free of infidels
- Cricket is the only Indian religion in whose name people don’t kill each other
- There is a complaint about intolerance from those who frankly don’t like the change in govt
- Inside track: Changing tactics
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities