Google most trusted online brand in India, Facebook is second
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Google is the most trusted online brand in the country, with Facebook coming in at number two, says a study by Brand Trust Advisory.
Yahoo has emerged as the second-most trusted search engine after Google, says the report.
The survey was conducted in 16 cities, taking into consideration 19,000 unique brands across 211 categories, Trust Research Advisory chief executive N Chandramouli said.
Social networking sites are gaining popularity, with Orkut and Twitter ranking fourth and sixth respectively overall.
"Google's Orkut, steadied at fourth rank despite a significant fall in daily visitors from here. Facebook has ranked first in the sub-category of social networking," he said.
The fifth slot has gone to shopping portal eBay, which tops in the list of e-commerce brands followed by AOL, Amazon, Ibibo and OLX.in.
YouTube, which ranks ninth, leads the sub-category of online sharing portals, while Naukri managee the 24th position overall.