Google most trusted online brand in India, Facebook is second
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Google is the most trusted online brand in the country, with Facebook coming in at number two, says a study by Brand Trust Advisory.
Yahoo has emerged as the second-most trusted search engine after Google, says the report.
The survey was conducted in 16 cities, taking into consideration 19,000 unique brands across 211 categories, Trust Research Advisory chief executive N Chandramouli said.
Social networking sites are gaining popularity, with Orkut and Twitter ranking fourth and sixth respectively overall.
"Google's Orkut, steadied at fourth rank despite a significant fall in daily visitors from here. Facebook has ranked first in the sub-category of social networking," he said.
The fifth slot has gone to shopping portal eBay, which tops in the list of e-commerce brands followed by AOL, Amazon, Ibibo and OLX.in.
YouTube, which ranks ninth, leads the sub-category of online sharing portals, while Naukri managee the 24th position overall.