Google search analysis shows Germany ''most forward-looking country'' in world
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Germans are the most forward-thinking people in the world, overtaking Britons who fell to fourth place, according to researchers. The scientists, based in the UK, Switzerland and the US, correlated data from Google searches and national economic performance, reports the Daily Mail.
They looked at the ''mammoth amounts of data'' generated by internet use, and discovered that there are ''strong links between changes in the information users are seeking online and events in the real world''.
They analysed some 45 billion Google search queries and found ''a striking correlation'' between the per capita GDP of a nation and the inclination of people to look to the future. Lead researcher Professor Tobias Preis of Warwick Business School said there seems to be a relationship with the economic success of a country and the information seeking behavior of its citizens online.
The team first published a set of results last year, with Britain being at the top of the list, as people looked forward to the London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics.