Google Zeitgeist 2013: It's Sunny Leone on top, as SRK, Sachin Tendulkar find place in most searched
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
If you found it hard to believe Sunny Leone was the most searched name in India because that report had come from Yahoo, then Google's Year-End Zeitgeist has confirmed the fact that we love this Canadian import more than Naredra Modi or Sachin Tendulkar.
While Sunny Leone topped the most searched list ahead of Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif, Shah Rukh Khan was placed on No 5 and Tendulkar on 9. Unlike Yahoo, Narendra Modi did not even make it to India's top personalities list, though he was the most searched politician and his appointment as PM candidate was the most searched news topic.
Showing that India's don't really care about the serious stuff, the Zeitgeist report said listed Chennai express, IPL 2013 and Aashiqui 2 as the top three trending searches ahead of UIDAI on No 4. Salman Khan was the most searched male actor and Katrina Kaif the most searched female actor. In his final year on the pitch, Tendulkar was the most searched sportsperson ahead of Milkha Singh and M S Dhoni.
With more people now accessing the Internet in India from the mobile phone, restaurants showed up as the top search on mobile, followed by bars and movies. Samsung was the most search smartphone brand ahead of Nokia and Mixromax, while Temple Run was the most searched app.
Among tourist destinations, it seems most Indians wanted splurge in the casinos of Macau, and the destination topped the list ahead of Maldives and Mauritius. There was also an increased interest in e-commerce and most people searched for Flipkart and Olx.com.
Google Zeitgeist is an exploration of the over one trillion search queries the word's top search engine receives each year.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties