Goondaism going on: Governor
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
Putting the Mamata Banerjee government in a tight spot, Governor M K Narayan on Wednesday said "goondaism" was taking place in the state, when asked to comment on the recent clash between Trinamool and CPM cadres.
"This has nothing to do with political culture. I think some sort of goondaism is going on here," he told mediapersons here after inaugurating a function of the Kolkata Literary Festival.
"The last two-three days have been very disturbing and distressing. This violence should not have taken place ... This is not acceptable," he added.
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- A myth called Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance