Goondaism going on: Governor
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Express 5: Lalu's daughter at Ram Kripal's home and another Navy officer killed
Putting the Mamata Banerjee government in a tight spot, Governor M K Narayan on Wednesday said "goondaism" was taking place in the state, when asked to comment on the recent clash between Trinamool and CPM cadres.
"This has nothing to do with political culture. I think some sort of goondaism is going on here," he told mediapersons here after inaugurating a function of the Kolkata Literary Festival.
"The last two-three days have been very disturbing and distressing. This violence should not have taken place ... This is not acceptable," he added.
He also said police have to be impartial while probing the case. "There is clear evidence against the guilty," Narayanan said.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today