Goondaism going on: Governor
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
Putting the Mamata Banerjee government in a tight spot, Governor M K Narayan on Wednesday said "goondaism" was taking place in the state, when asked to comment on the recent clash between Trinamool and CPM cadres.
"This has nothing to do with political culture. I think some sort of goondaism is going on here," he told mediapersons here after inaugurating a function of the Kolkata Literary Festival.
"The last two-three days have been very disturbing and distressing. This violence should not have taken place ... This is not acceptable," he added.