Gopal Goyal Kanda forced Geetika Sharma back from UAE to sexually exploit her: Cops
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
The Delhi Police told a court here that a probe showed that former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda tried to get back airhostess Geetika Sharma from Emirates Airlines with the ulterior motive of sexually exploiting her.
In a supplementary chargesheet submitted against Chanshivroop Singh, an aide of Kanda, before the court of Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate D K Jangala, police said, "The facts emerged against Chanshivroop during further investigation. Kanda and (his aide Aruna) Chadha tried to get back Geetika from Emirates Airlines with the ulterior motive of sexually exploiting her.
"When Geetika refused to come back to India and join MDLR Airlines (floated by Kanda), Kanda used other nefarious tactics to mount pressure on her," said the chargesheet filed yesterday.
"In pursuance of criminal conspiracy, Kanda and Chadha appointed Chanshivroop Singh as assisstant HR Manager in MDLR group with the sole objective of ensuring that Geetika remained under the control of Kanda," it said.
"Chanshivroop went to Dubai to compel Geetika to resign from Emirates Airlines and created fake e-mail ID for sending documents given by Kanda.
"Investigation discloses that accused Chanshivroop joined the conspiracy (hatched by co-accused Kanda and Aruna Chadha) and committed offences under section 471 IPC (using forged documents as genuine) and 66A IT Act (sending false messages). It is requested that he be summoned to face the trial," the chargesheet said.
The chargesheet has been filed over three months after the main chargesheet was filed against Kanda and Aruna Chadha in October 2012.
The chargesheet said at the instance of Kanda and Chadha, Chanshivroop went to Dubai under the garb of investigating the issue of forged NoC furnished by Geetika to ensure she is removed from her job with Emirates Airlines.
The police also said when Chanshivroop tried to contact Emirates Airlines and did not get any favourable response, Kanda sent him a complaint from MDLR Airlines to Gurgaon Police purportedly lodged against alleged fraud committed by Geetika by creating fake experience certificates and also taking away company documents and laptop.
- Woman murdered, body found in trunk
- Identity politics
- Lack of legal power hampers probe into missing Malaysian Airlines jet
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express