Gopal Kanda in jail, minister, MLAs celebrate his birthday
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
A Haryana minister and two MLAs of state's ruling Congress on Saturday joined a function to celebrate the birthday of former minister Gopal Kanda who is in jail for his alleged involvement in the suicide of former air hostess Geetika Sharma.
Three MLA who are supporting Bhupinder Singh Hooda government showered praise for Kanda at his 47th birthday ceremony in the Tara Baba complex, which was attended by a large number of supporters.
Haryana Minister for Labour and Employment Shiv Charan Sharma, Chief Parliamentary Secretary and Fatehabad MLA Prahalad Singh Gillankhera and Panipat MLA OP Jain claimed Kanda would soon be proved innocent and he would join as a minister in Haryana Cabinet.
The celebrations were marked by a 'hawan' and a health camp.
Kanda was named in the suicide note written by Geetika who was allegedly harassed by him.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties