Gopal Kanda in jail, minister, MLAs celebrate his birthday
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
A Haryana minister and two MLAs of state's ruling Congress on Saturday joined a function to celebrate the birthday of former minister Gopal Kanda who is in jail for his alleged involvement in the suicide of former air hostess Geetika Sharma.
Three MLA who are supporting Bhupinder Singh Hooda government showered praise for Kanda at his 47th birthday ceremony in the Tara Baba complex, which was attended by a large number of supporters.
Haryana Minister for Labour and Employment Shiv Charan Sharma, Chief Parliamentary Secretary and Fatehabad MLA Prahalad Singh Gillankhera and Panipat MLA OP Jain claimed Kanda would soon be proved innocent and he would join as a minister in Haryana Cabinet.
The celebrations were marked by a 'hawan' and a health camp.
Kanda was named in the suicide note written by Geetika who was allegedly harassed by him.