Gopal Kanda in jail, minister, MLAs celebrate his birthday
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A Haryana minister and two MLAs of state's ruling Congress on Saturday joined a function to celebrate the birthday of former minister Gopal Kanda who is in jail for his alleged involvement in the suicide of former air hostess Geetika Sharma.
Three MLA who are supporting Bhupinder Singh Hooda government showered praise for Kanda at his 47th birthday ceremony in the Tara Baba complex, which was attended by a large number of supporters.
Haryana Minister for Labour and Employment Shiv Charan Sharma, Chief Parliamentary Secretary and Fatehabad MLA Prahalad Singh Gillankhera and Panipat MLA OP Jain claimed Kanda would soon be proved innocent and he would join as a minister in Haryana Cabinet.
The celebrations were marked by a 'hawan' and a health camp.
Kanda was named in the suicide note written by Geetika who was allegedly harassed by him.
- I will protest against Arvind Kejriwal if he indulges in wrongdoing: AnnaÂ Hazare
- Amit Shah not named in supplementary chargesheet filed by CBI in Ishrat Jahan fake encounterÂ case
- Narendra Modiâ€™s Kolkata rally â€˜okayâ€™, crowd only 50,000 : VarunÂ Gandhi
- Stop personal attacks, Rahul tells spokespersons | The Indian Express