Govinda hoping for comeback with 'Avatar' and production house
- Inclusion of Jats in OBC list comes under SC scanner
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Will bring prices under control in six months if BJP voted to power: Rajnath Singh
- RBI: Growth rate to stay under 6 per cent
- Modi has deep character flaws...wouldâve contested in Varanasi if I knew Hindi: Chidamabaram
- Will not review Centre's verdict granting life to Rajiv Gandhi killers: Supreme Court
On the back of his new film 'Avatar' with Pahlaj Nihalani and a production house, Bollywood actor Govinda is hoping to make a comeback into films.
"In the last few years, I have not done many films. There is a trend in Bollywood these days that all top actors are producing films. I was waiting for the right time for launching my production and now the wait has ended. I will start my production house," Govinda told reporters here.
In 2005, Govinda had produced 'Ssukh', a box-office dud.
The 48-year-old actor, best known for his superb comic timing in films like 'Coolie No. 1', 'Hero No. 1' and 'Partner', said he was also excited about his next film 'Avatar' directed by Nihalani.
"We had worked together in many films starting from 'Ilzam' in 1986. Now it's been twenty years since we worked. So I am sure this will bring box office success," said Govinda, who has been made brand ambassador for the newly-launched Prayag Mobile.
Asked whether he planned to get into direction, the actor replied "No".
- As campaigning picks up, candidates focus on strength areas of rivals
- 143 restaurants offer 30% discount to voters on April 30
- Auto union strike: Drivers demand Tricity permit
- RO serves Pawan Bansal show-cause notice
- BJP releases ‘chargesheet’ listing 16 Cong ‘scams’
- From mobile apps to post cards to call centres, parties go all out to woo voters