Govinda hoping for comeback with 'Avatar' and production house
- Gujarat CM: Nitin Patel's name to be announced at 4 pm, has PM backing
- Lockheed Martin will shift fighter aircraft's production line to India, but with a condition
- I had not gone to Pakistan to have lunch: Rajnath Singh in Rajya Sabha
- GST Bill to be introduced in Lok Sabha on August 8 for ratification
- BJP looks for new CM for Gujarat, Patels flex muscles
On the back of his new film 'Avatar' with Pahlaj Nihalani and a production house, Bollywood actor Govinda is hoping to make a comeback into films.
"In the last few years, I have not done many films. There is a trend in Bollywood these days that all top actors are producing films. I was waiting for the right time for launching my production and now the wait has ended. I will start my production house," Govinda told reporters here.
In 2005, Govinda had produced 'Ssukh', a box-office dud.
The 48-year-old actor, best known for his superb comic timing in films like 'Coolie No. 1', 'Hero No. 1' and 'Partner', said he was also excited about his next film 'Avatar' directed by Nihalani.
"We had worked together in many films starting from 'Ilzam' in 1986. Now it's been twenty years since we worked. So I am sure this will bring box office success," said Govinda, who has been made brand ambassador for the newly-launched Prayag Mobile.
- Rio Olympics: Yet again, India has managed to look disheveled
- The ecosystem created by GST will facilitate manufacturing hubs
- The problem is not the home minister’s SAARC visit. It is the lack of reflection within
- The incentive to dope
- GST is one of the boldest reforms in post-Independence India
- Like Atal, Advani, Somnath