Govinda to reprise role in Salman Khan's Hero remake with Sooraj Pancholi?
- Porn ban: Govt lifts ban on websites sans child pornography
- Mumbai attacks: Five explosive revelations made by Tariq Khosa
- Parliamentary panel on land bill postpones meet following suspension of Congress MP
- Combative Opposition stalls Parliament proceedings
- Missing Pawan Hans chopper sighted, rescue operation to resume tomorrow
Actors Govinda and Vinod Khanna are likely to reprise the roles essayed by Sanjeev Kumar and Shammi Kapoor in the remake of 80s blockbuster film Hero.
Filmmaker Subhash Ghai and superstar Salman Khan will launch Sooraj Pancholi, son of actor Aditya Pancholi who was recently in the news in connection with Jiah Khan suicide case, in the remake version of 1983 hit film.
The film will also serve as the launchpad for actor Suniel Shetty's daughter Athiya opposite Sooraj.
Hero was directed by Subhash Ghai and starred Jackie Shroff and Meenakshi Sheshadri in the lead. Sanjeev Kumar played Meenakshi's brother while Shammi Kapoor enacted the role of her father.
"They (Govinda and Vinod Khanna) are in consideration... we are in talks with them for these parts (Sanjeev Kumar and Shammi Kapoor's roles, respectively). Things will be finalised soon," Subhash Ghai told PTI.
If all goes well, the film, to be directed by Nikhil Advani, will go on floors in next three months.
The movie will be made under the banner of Salman Khan Productions and will be radically different from the original version.