Govinda to reprise role in Salman Khan's Hero remake with Sooraj Pancholi?
- Pakistan covets territory of others and uses terrorism as state policy: India
- Arunachal verdict: Law on Nabam Tuki's side but not numbers, Congress has Plan B
- With VK Singh onboard, two IAF aircraft leave to evacuate Indians from South Sudan
- Kashmir protests: Another person succumbs to injuries, death toll reaches 37
- Two women commit suicide in a day inside IIT Madras campus
Actors Govinda and Vinod Khanna are likely to reprise the roles essayed by Sanjeev Kumar and Shammi Kapoor in the remake of 80s blockbuster film Hero.
Filmmaker Subhash Ghai and superstar Salman Khan will launch Sooraj Pancholi, son of actor Aditya Pancholi who was recently in the news in connection with Jiah Khan suicide case, in the remake version of 1983 hit film.
The film will also serve as the launchpad for actor Suniel Shetty's daughter Athiya opposite Sooraj.
Hero was directed by Subhash Ghai and starred Jackie Shroff and Meenakshi Sheshadri in the lead. Sanjeev Kumar played Meenakshi's brother while Shammi Kapoor enacted the role of her father.
"They (Govinda and Vinod Khanna) are in consideration... we are in talks with them for these parts (Sanjeev Kumar and Shammi Kapoor's roles, respectively). Things will be finalised soon," Subhash Ghai told PTI.
If all goes well, the film, to be directed by Nikhil Advani, will go on floors in next three months.
- ‘Strangeness’ of SC Arunachal verdict lies in its upholding of constitutional morality
- Bangladesh urgently needs to overhaul its anti-terror strategy
- New Delhi’s reverie is rudely interrupted by Kashmir reality again
- India’s population stabilisation: Three states hold the key
- The bully is bad news for the victim — and for himself
- In the Northeast, an uneasy new alliance