Govinda to reprise role in Salman Khan's Hero remake with Sooraj Pancholi?
- If Pakistan has sympathy for Kashmiri youth, they shouldn’t provoke them to attack army camps: Mehbooba Mufti
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others killed in police encounter
- Rio 2016 review: What they did at home, what in Olympics
- Buzz of change in Maldives, Mohammed Nasheed flies secretly to Lanka
- Kashmir: Police constable shot dead by terrorists
Actors Govinda and Vinod Khanna are likely to reprise the roles essayed by Sanjeev Kumar and Shammi Kapoor in the remake of 80s blockbuster film Hero.
Filmmaker Subhash Ghai and superstar Salman Khan will launch Sooraj Pancholi, son of actor Aditya Pancholi who was recently in the news in connection with Jiah Khan suicide case, in the remake version of 1983 hit film.
The film will also serve as the launchpad for actor Suniel Shetty's daughter Athiya opposite Sooraj.
Hero was directed by Subhash Ghai and starred Jackie Shroff and Meenakshi Sheshadri in the lead. Sanjeev Kumar played Meenakshi's brother while Shammi Kapoor enacted the role of her father.
"They (Govinda and Vinod Khanna) are in consideration... we are in talks with them for these parts (Sanjeev Kumar and Shammi Kapoor's roles, respectively). Things will be finalised soon," Subhash Ghai told PTI.
If all goes well, the film, to be directed by Nikhil Advani, will go on floors in next three months.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.