Govinda to reprise role in Salman Khan's Hero remake with Sooraj Pancholi?
Actors Govinda and Vinod Khanna are likely to reprise the roles essayed by Sanjeev Kumar and Shammi Kapoor in the remake of 80s blockbuster film Hero.
Filmmaker Subhash Ghai and superstar Salman Khan will launch Sooraj Pancholi, son of actor Aditya Pancholi who was recently in the news in connection with Jiah Khan suicide case, in the remake version of 1983 hit film.
The film will also serve as the launchpad for actor Suniel Shetty's daughter Athiya opposite Sooraj.
Hero was directed by Subhash Ghai and starred Jackie Shroff and Meenakshi Sheshadri in the lead. Sanjeev Kumar played Meenakshi's brother while Shammi Kapoor enacted the role of her father.
"They (Govinda and Vinod Khanna) are in consideration... we are in talks with them for these parts (Sanjeev Kumar and Shammi Kapoor's roles, respectively). Things will be finalised soon," Subhash Ghai told PTI.
If all goes well, the film, to be directed by Nikhil Advani, will go on floors in next three months.
- Across the aisle: The ethos of India wins the election
- Salvation of India rests with Modi, provided he reforms himself
- Not much time left for Modi's 'Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas'
- Let's admit, India among countries with highest levels of religious tolerance
- Inside Track: L K Advani's birthday business
- Bihar: what happened and why