Coal scam: Government admits giving CIL blocks to private firms
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
The government has also responded to the court's query on how the identification of coal blocks was done for the purpose of allocation to private parties. The query had come after the Bench noted that the role for identification of the coal blocks to be allocated to private companies was given to the CMPDIL but the CIL was in fact doing it.
The government has said "the basic identification exercise was conducted by CMPDIL but final decision allowing blocks to be given for captive mining had to be that of CIL since basically the interests of CIL had to be taken into consideration".