Govt approves rail link to Imphal
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
In a step closer to connecting Manipur's capital with the rest of the country, the Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure on Thursday gave its nod for the extension of the broad guage line from Jiribam-Imphal Road (Tupul) to Imphal at an estimated cost of Rs 4444 crore. The project will cover Imphal East, Tamenglong and Senapati districts of Manipur.
The project, to be completed by March 2016 , has incurred an expenditure of Rs 682 crore till March 31, 2011.
As per the funding pattern, the project will be partly funded (25 per cent) from General Budgetary Support for Railways and (75 per cent) from Finance Ministry.
The Jiribam-Imphal new line project on completion will provide rail connectivity to Imphal with the rest of the country. It would also ensure direct movement of freight and passengers from this region to other parts of the country.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties