Govt approves rail link to Imphal
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- President not for executing Devinderpal Singh Bhullar, MHA disagrees
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
In a step closer to connecting Manipur's capital with the rest of the country, the Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure on Thursday gave its nod for the extension of the broad guage line from Jiribam-Imphal Road (Tupul) to Imphal at an estimated cost of Rs 4444 crore. The project will cover Imphal East, Tamenglong and Senapati districts of Manipur.
The project, to be completed by March 2016 , has incurred an expenditure of Rs 682 crore till March 31, 2011.
As per the funding pattern, the project will be partly funded (25 per cent) from General Budgetary Support for Railways and (75 per cent) from Finance Ministry.
The Jiribam-Imphal new line project on completion will provide rail connectivity to Imphal with the rest of the country. It would also ensure direct movement of freight and passengers from this region to other parts of the country.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held