Govt asks taxpayers to disclose true income or face action
- BJP nominee to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- On Rahul campaign, Sonia tells Amethi: âLike Indira, I gave my son to youâ
Soon after assuming charge of the Ministry, Finance Minister P Chidambaram had made a statement regarding taxation and tax administration.
He had emphasised on clarity in tax laws, a stable tax regime, a non-adversarial tax administration, a fair mechanism for dispute resolution and an independent judiciary that will provide great assurance to investors.
Asking assesses to pay advances taxes by due date, Chidambaram had said: "paying taxes is a mark of civilisation.
If I pay more taxes, I should be more happy and more proud. I am making more money and I am paying more taxes".