Govt bus driver held with pistol in Panchmahals
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
The driver of a Junagadh-bound bus of Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) was arrested by police in Santrampur taluka of Panchmahals district after a pistol was allegedly found on him late Thursday evening.
Acting on a tip-off, Santrampur police stopped the bus minutes after it had left the GSRTC bus stand. During search, police found a pistol and three cartridges in driver's cabin. "During interrogation, he confessed that he had bought the gun from one Hussain Chittah of Sukhsar village in Fatehpura taluka of neighbouring Dahod district just for fun," Vaghela said.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today