Government clears death for rape-murder, 20 years in jail for gangrape accused
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- N Srinivasan faces serious charges, canât return until probe: Supreme Court
- Kolkata Knight Riders seal opener in comprehensive fashion
However, the government has not accepted the Verma panel recommendation about paying compensation to victims of sexual assault. It has also not accepted the panel's suggestion to keep rape gender-specific to women.
Home ministry sources told The Indian Express that the ministry plans to write to the Ministry of Women and Child Development, suggesting an amendment to the Juvenile Justice Act to lower the age of juveniles who can be tried for crimes committed by them to 16 years from 18.
- Teacher at school in Rohini accused of molesting eight-year-old girl: Police
- In Sushma seat, BJP tweaks Modi slogan
- In Rampur, Azam Khan charm wanes
- In Sambhal, what matters more than Modi is a railway link
- Cong, BJP don’t favour polls, to wait for LS results
- Purandeswari to contest from Rajampet on a BJP ticket