Govt clears VMC-GAIL JV for piped gas
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
The state government has cleared a joint venture between GAIL and Vadodara Municipal Corporation for providing piped gas in the city, Municipal Commissioner Ashwini Kumar said here. Kumar said the JV was expected to be operational within a month.
At present, 78,000 piped-gas connections have been provided in the city for household purposes. With the formation of this company, 85,000 new connections are expected to be provided in a phased manner, he said.