Govt clears VMC-GAIL JV for piped gas
- Malaysian plane crashes off Vietnam coast; 5 Indians on board
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
The state government has cleared a joint venture between GAIL and Vadodara Municipal Corporation for providing piped gas in the city, Municipal Commissioner Ashwini Kumar said here. Kumar said the JV was expected to be operational within a month.
At present, 78,000 piped-gas connections have been provided in the city for household purposes. With the formation of this company, 85,000 new connections are expected to be provided in a phased manner, he said.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today