Govt considers law to protect medical practitioners from ‘violence’
- Memon’s lawyers move SC seeking stay on his execution, high drama outside CJI's house
- ISIS preparing to attack India, likely to spark Indo-US confrontation: report
- Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead for more than 2 years
- Whistleblower Sanjiv Chaturvedi, Anshu Gupta win Magsaysay award
- Abdul Kalam's mortal remains arrive in his hometown Rameswaram
Dr Sachin Vaish, general secretary of the association said that the draft has been adapted from similar Acts in Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Orissa. The idea behind the act is to create a deterrent for the offenders who indulge in acts of violence against medical service providers, he said.