Govt considers law to protect medical practitioners from ‘violence’
- Relief for Priyanka Vadra as HC stays SIC's order on Shimla land
- Turkish Airlines plane cleared for take-off from Delhi airport, no bomb found
- 2 days before it hears Vyapam petitions, SC says shocking, people dying everyday
- Rajasthan Governor wants 'adhinayak' removed from national anthem
- For Sadananda Gowda, Vyapam scam is a 'silly issue'
Dr Sachin Vaish, general secretary of the association said that the draft has been adapted from similar Acts in Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Orissa. The idea behind the act is to create a deterrent for the offenders who indulge in acts of violence against medical service providers, he said.