Govt defers all college elections by six months
- LIVE: Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan expelled from AAP National Executive committee
- President Pranab Mukherjee goes to Vajpayee's home with Bharat Ratna
- Land bill will ‘break nation’s backbone’, Sonia tells Gadkari
- After 2010 scare, DGCA got cockpit policy to avert Germanwings-type incident
- Leave IITs alone, can’t talk to 36 applicants in a day and choose (directors): Kakodkar
All India joint secretary of Students Federation of India Shatarup Ghosh cried foul. "Making hooliganism an excuse, they are stopping a democratic process. The TMC, which came to power with huge support of the people, is now afraid of the people's opinion. They have been badly exposed and fear a washout. Thus this move. We have had elections and examination simultaneously in the past," he said.