Govt deprived commando injured in gunfight with Ajmal Kasab & co of pension: Kejriwal
- Sushil Kumar Shinde's threat: Will crush âelementsâ in media plotting against Congress
- Bihar: 13 RJD MLAs desert Lalu Prasad for Nitish Kumar, but six 'return' hours later
- In Gujarat, 2 Congress MLAs quit to join BJP
- Kejriwal says communalism bigger threat than graft
- Leopard injures seven, Meerut locks itself in
However, Singh rejected the claims and said he has not received any money from the government.
"You can check my bank account. I have not got any money. The government is lying," he said.
Singh said he received roughly around Rs 4 lakh as rewards from various sources, including Rs 1 lakh each from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda. "In that money, I spent over Rs 1 lakh on medical expenses. I have a family to run," he said.
Later, Kejriwal tweeted: "Govt shamelessly misleading the nation. 31 lakhs given to 11 injured, not to Surinder Singh. Out of 31 lakhs, surinder got jst 2.5 lakh."
"Can govt prove that surinder getting Rs 25 thousand per month? If it is not proved, who wud resign in govt for misleading nation?" he asked.
"Govt says that surinder informed of pension on "phone" on 16 Nov. Interesting. Pensions informed on phone? Since when? No papers needed?" he asked.