Govt deprived commando injured in gunfight with Ajmal Kasab & co of pension: Kejriwal
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi from becoming PM
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- Modi would have ousted Vajpayee just like Jaswant, Advani: Rahul Gandhi
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: RR take on KXIP in battle of equals
However, Singh rejected the claims and said he has not received any money from the government.
"You can check my bank account. I have not got any money. The government is lying," he said.
Singh said he received roughly around Rs 4 lakh as rewards from various sources, including Rs 1 lakh each from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda. "In that money, I spent over Rs 1 lakh on medical expenses. I have a family to run," he said.
Later, Kejriwal tweeted: "Govt shamelessly misleading the nation. 31 lakhs given to 11 injured, not to Surinder Singh. Out of 31 lakhs, surinder got jst 2.5 lakh."
"Can govt prove that surinder getting Rs 25 thousand per month? If it is not proved, who wud resign in govt for misleading nation?" he asked.
"Govt says that surinder informed of pension on "phone" on 16 Nov. Interesting. Pensions informed on phone? Since when? No papers needed?" he asked.