Govt employees not paid, CM Shivraj Chouhan is insensitive: Congress
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Opposition Congress in Madhya Pradesh on Monday strongly criticised the BJP state government for not paying salaries and allowances to government employees.
"The fact that many families in the state won't be able to celebrate Dhanteras or Diwali shows that Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan is no longer sensitive," leader of opposition in the MP assembly Ajay Singh said.
He said employees of the public health, engineering and transport departments have not got their salaries and allowances, though the chief minister celebrated Dhanteras in the BJP office and even went shopping.
He said that at a time when the state government spent crores of rupees on the global investors' meet in Indore, it did not have any right to say that it did not have the budget to pay employees.