Govt exploring alternate route connectivity with Nicobar
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
The Andaman and Nicobar administration has submitted a report on feasibility of using the alternate routes if the government decides to close the ATR down.
"There has been a demand for closing this ATR but a large section of people wanted to open this for practical reasons and purposes," he said.
The Jarawas recently were in the news after their reported exploitation by foreign tourists who were taken into the protected zone by tour operators in the name of human safaris.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress