Govt filed no crime data since May: Cong
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
The state government has not filed any information on incidents of crime in the state since May this year, Congress leader and MLA from Sobong Manas Bhunia alleged in the Assembly on Monday. "From January to April this year, as many as 806 cases of murder, 961cases of rape and 1841 cases of abduction took place in the state. But after that no report on the incidents of crime was sent to the Centre and so the National Crime Records Bureau could not be compiled," Bhuina said. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has already said that the state is not filing reports since it is not satisfied with the format of the reports.
Trinamool factions clash, 1 injured
Kolkata: Trinamool factions allegedly clashed at Pandobeshwar in Burdwan on Monday, leaving one person injured. Sanjeeb Mondal, an employee of Khottadih Colliery, was on his way to work when he was attacked by a group of men and left unconscious. Sanjeeb is an aide of Siddartha Rana, vice-president of the block. There had been tension between Rana's men and a rival group of INTTUC leader Uttam Mondal.