Govt finalises funding for Ghaziabad Metro extension
- Cauvery row: Can't release water till December, Karnataka tells SC
- India beat New Zealand by 197 runs in Kanpur Test, take 1-0 series lead
- ISRO successfully places SCATSAT-1, seven other satellites in orbit
- Shahabuddin bail case: Supreme Court adjourns hearing for Wednesday
- SC refuses urgent hearing on PIL seeking to declare Indus Waters Treaty unconstitutional
The DPR of Ghaziabad Metro was prepared in 2005. Then its estimated cost was Rs 936 crore. But following delay in decision over the funding, the project could not take shape and with time its cost shot up to Rs 1,591 crore, the officials added.
Sources said that the Akhilesh Yadav government has put the project on fast track to get maximum work done in the next five years. Officials said that MoU between GDA and DMRC was signed this month so that construction work could start at the earliest.
- Loud jingoism and war talk erode India’s credibility
- Phenomenon of the non-academic VC is part of a wider crisis of the university
- PM Modi must recognise Pakistan’s gameplan, and respond at a time and place of India’s choosing
- The government has failed to provide the right incentives to farmers
- The advent of the Fadnavis government in Maharashtra Marathas’ political hegemony
- Across the aisle: In search of a Pakistan policy