Govt grants Selection Grade to 6 IAS officers
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Ahmedabad: The state government has granted Selection Grade to six IAS officers of the 2000 batch against the available vacancies in the cadre with effect from January 1, said an official release Wednesday. The government has also promoted 29 officers of the Gujarat Administrative Service to the Indian Administrative Service.
Woman foils loot bid
SURAT: A 45-year-old woman was attacked by two men who entered her house at Billimora in Navsari on the pretext of delivering an air-conditioner and tried to rob her Wednesday afternoon. Their attempt failed as the woman raised an alarm and neighbours rushed for help, police said, adding that the duo managed to escape.
UPS shines at R-Day parade
AHMEDABAD: United Public School (UPS) run by Vadodara-based Afmi Charitable Trust got first prizes in all the three competitions at the Republic Day parade at Chhotaudepur. The has announced a prize of Rs 10,000 for the three groups of students.