Govt grants Selection Grade to 6 IAS officers
- Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court convicts 12 including Abu Jundal
- Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August, attend Saarc meet
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai after passenger creates ruckus
- Assam floods: Sonowal directs ministers to visit constituencies as situation worsens
- Bhagwant Mann: Didn't breach security, even TV channels broadcast from Parliament
Ahmedabad: The state government has granted Selection Grade to six IAS officers of the 2000 batch against the available vacancies in the cadre with effect from January 1, said an official release Wednesday. The government has also promoted 29 officers of the Gujarat Administrative Service to the Indian Administrative Service.
Woman foils loot bid
SURAT: A 45-year-old woman was attacked by two men who entered her house at Billimora in Navsari on the pretext of delivering an air-conditioner and tried to rob her Wednesday afternoon. Their attempt failed as the woman raised an alarm and neighbours rushed for help, police said, adding that the duo managed to escape.
UPS shines at R-Day parade
- The amended act legalises child labour while claiming to do the opposite
- The concept of private members’ bill is central to a deliberative democracy
- Mahasweta Devi drew imaginary landscapes to narrate stories of the oppressed
- With the latest figures on industrial output, the case for a stimulus is pressing
- An open letter to new students entering Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage