Govt grants Selection Grade to 6 IAS officers
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
Ahmedabad: The state government has granted Selection Grade to six IAS officers of the 2000 batch against the available vacancies in the cadre with effect from January 1, said an official release Wednesday. The government has also promoted 29 officers of the Gujarat Administrative Service to the Indian Administrative Service.
Woman foils loot bid
SURAT: A 45-year-old woman was attacked by two men who entered her house at Billimora in Navsari on the pretext of delivering an air-conditioner and tried to rob her Wednesday afternoon. Their attempt failed as the woman raised an alarm and neighbours rushed for help, police said, adding that the duo managed to escape.
UPS shines at R-Day parade
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?