Govt grants Selection Grade to 6 IAS officers
- Congress, SP, BSP indulging in "WWF-like fights in UP: Modi
- Narendra Modi not my protege, a brilliant events manager: L K Advani
- Pakistan bike-snatchers turned terrorists for IMâs âjihad liteâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: FIR against Amit Shah for hate speech in Bijnore; Modi to file nomination papers from Vadodara LS seat on the 9th
- India vs Sri Lanka Live Cricket Score: Rain delays final; toss at 7: 10 pm, play at 7: 40 pm
Ahmedabad: The state government has granted Selection Grade to six IAS officers of the 2000 batch against the available vacancies in the cadre with effect from January 1, said an official release Wednesday. The government has also promoted 29 officers of the Gujarat Administrative Service to the Indian Administrative Service.
Woman foils loot bid
SURAT: A 45-year-old woman was attacked by two men who entered her house at Billimora in Navsari on the pretext of delivering an air-conditioner and tried to rob her Wednesday afternoon. Their attempt failed as the woman raised an alarm and neighbours rushed for help, police said, adding that the duo managed to escape.
UPS shines at R-Day parade
AHMEDABAD: United Public School (UPS) run by Vadodara-based Afmi Charitable Trust got first prizes in all the three competitions at the Republic Day parade at Chhotaudepur. The has announced a prize of Rs 10,000 for the three groups of students.
- Rahul slams BJP over corruption and communalism
- BJP welcomes tacit support of DMK chief's son Alagiri
- Ram temple matter of faith for BJP; focus on development issues: Uma Bharti
- Congress policies promoting growth of communal forces: Sitaram Yechury
- All Muslim bodies supporting Congress: Chidambaram
- No alliance with Congress in 5 assembly seats: Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death