Govt issues guidelines for hospitals in sexual assault cases
- Rahul Gandhi attacks Narendra Modi; highlights Congress work in Uttarakhand
- Rohtak rally: Ambani, Modi, Rahul, media â all are corrupt, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Donât discriminate between Muslims and others on false cases: Purohit to Shinde
- Fraud Office gets govt nod to prosecute Radia firms
- âStingâ journalist who reported on Amit Shah gets VIP security
They have been told to organise workshop in collaboration with Delhi Commission for Women on regular basis to sensitise the doctors and other paramedic staff.
Walia said the hospitals have been told to organise counseling for the victim and in case, they are not able to provide doctors, then arrangement will be made by Crisis Intervention Centres.
"I am confident that the new guidelines would ensure due care and proper MLC examination of sexual assault victims in shortest possible time and would overcome the existing adhocism and in-adequate management practices," the minister said.
The Delhi High Court earlier this week had asked the government to take steps to ensure there was no delay in collection of medical reports in sexual assult cases.