Govt notifies 10 mega industrial zones
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
The government today notified 10 mega industrial zones in different states, a move aimed at boosting the country's manufacturing sector.
"We have notified 10 NMIZs, which are mega integrated townships with world class infrastructure. The biggest one is of the order of 900 sq kms in Dholera (Gujarat," commerce and industry ministry Anand Sharma said at a CII function.
He said the government is taking several steps to increase the share of the manufacturing sector in the GDP to at least 25 per cent by 2020 from the present 16 per cent. In this regard, a National Manufacturing Policy as announced which provides for NMIZs.
The government is offering a host of incentives like exemption from capital gains tax and liberalised labour and environmental norms to promote these zones.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18