Govt notifies 10 mega industrial zones
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The government today notified 10 mega industrial zones in different states, a move aimed at boosting the country's manufacturing sector.
"We have notified 10 NMIZs, which are mega integrated townships with world class infrastructure. The biggest one is of the order of 900 sq kms in Dholera (Gujarat," commerce and industry ministry Anand Sharma said at a CII function.
He said the government is taking several steps to increase the share of the manufacturing sector in the GDP to at least 25 per cent by 2020 from the present 16 per cent. In this regard, a National Manufacturing Policy as announced which provides for NMIZs.
The government is offering a host of incentives like exemption from capital gains tax and liberalised labour and environmental norms to promote these zones.