Govt official arrested for posting objectionable content about Mulayam, Sibal on FB
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
A government official was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly posting objectionable content about Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav and Union minister Kapil Sibal on social networking website Facebook.
Sanjay Chaudhari, a civil engineer with the state government, was booked under IT Act for uploading derogatory cartoons and posting objectionable comments on the two leaders, SSP Agra SC Dubey said.
A case under relevant sections of IPC has also been registered against Chaudhari for trying to disturb communal harmony by making undesirable comments against a particular community, police said.
The engineer, who also runs an NGO, has pleaded innocence claiming that some unscrupulous elements uploaded the content after hacking his Facebook account.
In November last year, two Mumbai girls were arrested for allegedly writing objectionable comments relating to late Shiv Sena leader Bal Thackrey.
The arrests had sparked nation-wide anger among the civil society activists and the intelligentsia, who had accused the administrations of misusing the IT Act.