Govt official arrested for posting objectionable content about Mulayam, Sibal on FB
- Yadav, Bhushan wanted party's defeat in Delhi polls, allege AAP leaders
- Chhattisgarh PDS rice scam: probe widens as police find a list with names, alleged bribes
- Land bill on table, government tells opposition willing to make changes
- His last detention against norms, red flag pre-dated Mufti govt
- Assam MLA claims he warned cops before Dimapur lynching
A government official was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly posting objectionable content about Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav and Union minister Kapil Sibal on social networking website Facebook.
Sanjay Chaudhari, a civil engineer with the state government, was booked under IT Act for uploading derogatory cartoons and posting objectionable comments on the two leaders, SSP Agra SC Dubey said.
A case under relevant sections of IPC has also been registered against Chaudhari for trying to disturb communal harmony by making undesirable comments against a particular community, police said.
The engineer, who also runs an NGO, has pleaded innocence claiming that some unscrupulous elements uploaded the content after hacking his Facebook account.
In November last year, two Mumbai girls were arrested for allegedly writing objectionable comments relating to late Shiv Sena leader Bal Thackrey.
The arrests had sparked nation-wide anger among the civil society activists and the intelligentsia, who had accused the administrations of misusing the IT Act.