Govt official arrested for posting objectionable content about Mulayam, Sibal on FB
- Sheena Bora murder case: Third accused Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police
- 3 civilians dead, nearly a dozen injured in Pakistan firing in J&K
- Nitish Kumar's Arvind Kejriwal symbolism looks good but unease in allies RJD, Congress
- OROP row: Veterans reject govt offer, boycott 1965 golden jubilee celebrations
- Patidar protest: HC directs CID to investigate custodial death of Patel youth
A government official was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly posting objectionable content about Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav and Union minister Kapil Sibal on social networking website Facebook.
Sanjay Chaudhari, a civil engineer with the state government, was booked under IT Act for uploading derogatory cartoons and posting objectionable comments on the two leaders, SSP Agra SC Dubey said.
A case under relevant sections of IPC has also been registered against Chaudhari for trying to disturb communal harmony by making undesirable comments against a particular community, police said.
The engineer, who also runs an NGO, has pleaded innocence claiming that some unscrupulous elements uploaded the content after hacking his Facebook account.
In November last year, two Mumbai girls were arrested for allegedly writing objectionable comments relating to late Shiv Sena leader Bal Thackrey.