Govt’s financial Bills line-up skips MMDR, land acquisition
- BJP nominee to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Elections LIVE 2014: FIR lodged against Ajit Pawar for threatening villagers to vote for Sule
Other financial sector Bills including Banking Laws (Amendment) Bill and the Companies Bill are also on the agenda for the winter session. The government will also use the session to introduce the Competition (Amendment) Bill, 2012, that will govern mergers in all sectors. Additionally, Forward Contracts (Regulation) Amendment Bill, 2010, and the Warehousing Corporation (Amendment) Bill, 2011, are also a part of the agenda.
Meanwhile, the cash-strapped government's first supplementary demand for grant will also be moved during the winter session. The finance ministry had abstained from seeking additional funds during the monsoon session. Sources said this is likely to be the only supplementary demand for grant that the government will raise during the fiscal. Usually, a third supplementary is raised in the Budget session. Apart from this, amendments to the Motor Vehicles Act, Highways Authority of India Act and Prevention of Money Laundering Act will also be taken up for discussion in the winter session.