Govt seeks public opinion on riverfront project
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Polling stops in Pune booth due to faulty EVMs
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
The UP government has sought suggestions from the public regarding development of Gomti riverfront project in Lucknow.
The suggestions could be given to the officials of Lucknow Development Authority (LDA) during the next one month.
The Gomti riverfront project is inspired by the Sabarmati Riverfront Development Project in Ahmadabad. The project envisages development of amusement parks, walking and cycle tracks, jetty and public utilities on both sides of the Gomti river from Kudiaghat to Gomti Barrage. The state government has also proposed to develop a giant wheel — "Lucknow Eye" — like the London Eye. LDA official said that people can give their suggestions about the type of development and services they want along the Gomti river.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18