Govt seeks public opinion on riverfront project
- Putin gets Russia Senate nod to use military in Ukraine
- Assam woman who attended Rahul event dies of burn injuries, police say she's not the one who kissed him
- Aam Aadmi Party releases third list of candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Varanasi: Rahul woos rickshawpullers, promises better livelihood
- State Forest Dept guest house is police custody for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
The UP government has sought suggestions from the public regarding development of Gomti riverfront project in Lucknow.
The suggestions could be given to the officials of Lucknow Development Authority (LDA) during the next one month.
The Gomti riverfront project is inspired by the Sabarmati Riverfront Development Project in Ahmadabad. The project envisages development of amusement parks, walking and cycle tracks, jetty and public utilities on both sides of the Gomti river from Kudiaghat to Gomti Barrage. The state government has also proposed to develop a giant wheel — "Lucknow Eye" — like the London Eye. LDA official said that people can give their suggestions about the type of development and services they want along the Gomti river.