Govt should support enterprises, not entrepreneurs: CAG
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
The public auditor, he said, was as much engaged in the business of upgrading public governance as any other agency in the administration.
"We do not subscribe to the We-They concept and hold ourselves to be on the same side of the table as the executive. Our audits have undergone a cultural change. We now engage in positive reporting," Rai said.
Observing that it was imperative for public auditor to appear objective and trustworthy, he said, "we can only deserve trust if we are judged as credible, competent and independent and can be held accountable for our operations".