Govt takes back 100 acres allotted to landless in 1987
- Solar scam case: Kerala court orders FIR against CM Oommen Chandy
- Supreme Court recalls order appointing former judge Virendra Singh as UP Lokayukta
- Arunachal Governor cited ‘cow slaughter’ protest as one sign of law & order collapse in state
- BJP leader held for alleged cow slaughter in Madhya Pradesh, gets expelled from party
- Indian-American Muslims flay Government move against AMU, Jamia
"Not paying the possession fee in itself is sufficient ground for proceedings under Section Section 79. But we have also found that agricultural activity is not being carried out on the said land," Vadodara district collector Vinod Rao said Friday.
Without taking names, the collector alleged that a certain person (city-based builder Sanjiv alias Sanju Bharmabe) whose name has cropped up in land disputes recently had some stake in the land. However, he clarified his name figured nowhere in revenue records of the land in question.
SDM Vaghela also alleged he had received threats after he passed the order.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph
- Why yuan matters Indian equity markets
- R-day and the saccharine sweet patriotism
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU