Govt takes back 100 acres allotted to landless in 1987
- In Dadri, BJP's Sangeet Som accuses UP govt of framing innocent men for lynching incident
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says doctor
- Shashank Manohar unanimously elected as new BCCI president
- Non-declarants of foreign assets to be tried under black money law: FM
- Bihar polls: 130 candidates with serious criminal charges to contest in first phase
"Not paying the possession fee in itself is sufficient ground for proceedings under Section Section 79. But we have also found that agricultural activity is not being carried out on the said land," Vadodara district collector Vinod Rao said Friday.
Without taking names, the collector alleged that a certain person (city-based builder Sanjiv alias Sanju Bharmabe) whose name has cropped up in land disputes recently had some stake in the land. However, he clarified his name figured nowhere in revenue records of the land in question.
SDM Vaghela also alleged he had received threats after he passed the order.