Govt to civic agencies: Improve drainage
- Robert Vadra attacks govt on privileges for MPs and other VIPs at airports
- Khetan says will not spare Bhushans after 'paid journalist' charges
- Eating beef not a fundamental right: Maha govt tells HC
- ISIS leader Baghdadi seriously wounded in US air strike: Report
- Political intervention in bureaucracy inevitable: PM Modi
The Delhi government on Tuesday directed the three municipal corporations to overhaul the drainage network and maintain cleanliness in the city.
The directive came after Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit expressed unhappiness over the upkeep of drainage system in the national capital as overnight heavy showers led to waterlogging and subsequent traffic jams.
As rain lashed Delhi, it led to water-logging that resulted in massive traffic jams across the national capital.
Vehicular movement was affected across the city including areas such as ITO, Vikas Marg, South Extension, Mahipalpur, Hari Nagar, IIT crossing to Adchini, Moti Bagh Yusuf Sarai Market and Munirka.
Areas such as Badarpur border, Wazirpur industrial area, Ashok Vihar, Laxmi Nagar, Mahipalpur, Bhogal, Jungpura, Lala Lajpat Rai Marg, Dhaula Kuan, Janakpuri, Patel Nagar, Khajurikhas and Moolchand also witnessed heavy traffic snarls.