Govt to kick off Nutri-Farms in select dists to fight malnutrition
- 9 ordinances, 4 for Rahul: UPA planning emergency laws days before polls are announced
- Willing to say sorry for any mistake, Rajnath Singh tells Muslims
- Top IM men have joined al-Qaeda, fighting in Af-Pak: NIA chargesheet
- 90,000 per seat: Young India could swing Elections 2014
- Sanjay Dutt out of jail 40% of time, Bombay HC asks why he is so special
As for the overall budgetary support, Chidambaram announced Rs 27,049 crore to the Ministry of Agriculture in the next fiscal, which amounts to an increase of 22 per cent over the revised expenditure in current fiscal.
The Budget continued with the interest subvention scheme for farmers who get farm loans at 4 per cent interest. It also extended the facility to private scheduled commercial banks and other banks as well.