Govt to kick off Nutri-Farms in select dists to fight malnutrition
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi from becoming PM
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: RR set stiff target for KXIP
As for the overall budgetary support, Chidambaram announced Rs 27,049 crore to the Ministry of Agriculture in the next fiscal, which amounts to an increase of 22 per cent over the revised expenditure in current fiscal.
The Budget continued with the interest subvention scheme for farmers who get farm loans at 4 per cent interest. It also extended the facility to private scheduled commercial banks and other banks as well.