Govt to kick-start stake sale programme with Nalco offer
- India's Nuclear Suppliers Group membership is not about arms: US tells Pakistan
- Now in Meghalaya, Congress braces for Uttarakhand, Arunachal replay
- Scary...need to know someone in govt to do business in India: US Governor Nikki Haley
- New policy proposal: Can fail kids after Class V, let foreign universities in
- PM Modi extends best wishes to Nawaz Sharif for his heart surgery
Notwithstanding the recent hiccups, the government on Friday said this year's disinvestment programme will kick off in October or November with an offering of its stake in National Aluminium Co (NALCO).
The public offer of Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL) which was postponed earlier this week will be revisited in a month or two, Disinvestment Secretary Haleem Khan said here on Friday.
The government aims to divest stakes in state-owned companies Oil India, Hindustan Copper and National Aluminium by November, Khan said on the sidelines of a Ficci event. "One of the divestments could take place by the last week of October," he said.
Khan said he is confident the government will meet the target. The government is also planning to sell shares in NTPC. That sale will raise about Rs 12,000 crore, he said.
- Successful inflation targeting calls for more reform. Targeting Rajan is all too easy.
- Three years of Modi govt could be Indian economy's best since '96
- Pakistan will be the test-tube for the next jihad
- Modi government’s biggest achievement is the curbing of corruption
- It’s Akbar’s turn now and the victim, as always, is history
- Muslims and RSS cannot afford to go on hating