Govt to offer free education to NE youth
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday offered to provide free higher education facilities to deserving underprivileged students, hailing from the North-Eastern states, in the state universities. Badal made the announcement during a meeting with a delegation of 27 students from the North-Eastern states who are in Punjab under a cultural Exchange programme organised by the ABVP. Special principal secretary K J S Cheema has been tasked with chalking out the modalities.