Govt to recruit 40,000 constables for central forces
- Five crew members killed in IAF's C-130J Super Hercules plane crash
- IPL season 7 to go on; Sunil Gavaskar to be BCCI chief
- Sahara staff offer to collect Rs 5,000 cr for Subrata Roy's release
- Two terrorists killed in encounter after attacking army camp in J&K
- India vs Bangladesh Live Cricket Score: India break steady stand as Shami removes Rahim
The government will recruit about 40,000 constables for central paramilitary forces like CRPF, BSF and ITBP.
A large number of these recruitments will be open for candidates who hail from Naxal-hit and militancy-affected areas.
"Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will assist the Ministry of Home Affairs for the recruitment of about 40,000 Constables for the central paramilitary forces namely BSF, CISF, CRPF, SSB, ITBP and Riflemen in Assam Rifles.
"The scheme of this recruitment will be on the basis of merit list drawn for each state as per vacancies communicated by the Ministry of Home Affairs state-wise and category-wise," a Home Ministry statement said.
The SSC will issue the advertisement in this regard on December 15 while the written examination will be held on May 12 next year.
- Manmohan, Sonia and Rahul to campaign in Odisha
- Khurshid hits out at UP police over poll code violation case
- BJP will field strong candidates against Rahul, Sonia: Rajnath
- Modi, Hooda snatching land from farmers: Kejriwal
- Major political outfits banking on 'senior' leaders in Punjab
- IM top man Akhtar was planning terror strike in Delhi: Police