Govt to recruit 40,000 constables for central forces
- Telangana: Five alleged SIMI activists shot dead on way to court
- LIVE Andhra Pradesh: At least 20 killed as police open fire on smugglers
- RBI Governor Rajan keeps policy rate unchanged on fears of food inflation
- Cleaning dirty mouths of BJP leaders: Sena to PM
- SC refers pleas challenging validity of NJAC to constitution bench
The government will recruit about 40,000 constables for central paramilitary forces like CRPF, BSF and ITBP.
A large number of these recruitments will be open for candidates who hail from Naxal-hit and militancy-affected areas.
"Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will assist the Ministry of Home Affairs for the recruitment of about 40,000 Constables for the central paramilitary forces namely BSF, CISF, CRPF, SSB, ITBP and Riflemen in Assam Rifles.
"The scheme of this recruitment will be on the basis of merit list drawn for each state as per vacancies communicated by the Ministry of Home Affairs state-wise and category-wise," a Home Ministry statement said.
The SSC will issue the advertisement in this regard on December 15 while the written examination will be held on May 12 next year.