Govt to set up IIIT near Nagpur
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Advani arrives in Gandhinagar to file nomination papers, says he is delighted
- VVIP chopper deal: Prosecution blames CBI for not sharing tender papers
- RAW instrumental in grabbing key Indian Mujahideen leaders
- Mumbai Shakti Mills gangrape: All three convicts sentenced to death for repeat offence by a sessions court
- Profile of the young Modi supporter: Male, without a job, and hopeful
The Maharashtra government has decided to set up the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) in Chicholi near this city.
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan made the announcement to this effect on the last day of the winter session on December 21.
It was a continuous follow up with the Union Human Resources Development Ministry after which the state government finally accepted the recommendations, Nagpur Lok Sabha MP Vilas Muttemwar said while welcoming the decision.
- Four-time Chikkaballapur MP Jalappa bats for Moily
- Congress cannot be wiped out, Rahul says at Mangalore rally
- Sule leads expenses chart, Kadam second
- Cambridge grad or Class IV pass-out, education no bar for candidates
- HC extends stay on arrest of Teesta, four others till April 23
- Cong threatens legal action against Madhu Kishwar