Govt to undertake census of Great Indian Bustard
- Jaswant Singh expelled from BJP for six years
- Congressâs Imran Masood sent to jail; Rahul disapproves of Masood's alleged hate speech, says âthis is not the Cong wayâ
- Sabir Ali says he will file defamation case against Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, claims he is more popular
- I am proud of my 'RSS roots' says Modi, slams Rahul Gandhi
- March 29 Elections round up: Modi says Congress Mukht India, corruption free India; Sabir Ali files defamation case against Naqvi
The state government will soon undertake a census of the Great Indian Bustard, one of the most critically endangered flying bird species in the world, to ascertain its exact population. "The count of the Great Indian Bustard will be undertaken in January-February to know its population," Gujarat Principal Chief Wildlife Conservator of Forest C N Pandey said on Tuesday.
Pandey said that it is expected to give a realistic picture of the dwindling population of the species. The survey count will be undertaken by the state forest department, various scientific organisations, NGOs and nature clubs.