Govt transfers 6 more IPS officers
- Boston Marathon bomber Dzokhar Tsarnaev sentenced to death by lethal injection
- India, China face terror threat from source in same region: PM Modi
- Petrol price hiked by Rs 3.13/litre, diesel by Rs 2.71/litre; Cong says it's Modi govt's anniversary 'gift'
- BCCI plans to replace Champions League T20 with a mini-IPL in UAE
- JD(U), RJD tussle over seat-sharing begins; Lalu demands 145, Nitish says take all 243
The state government on Sunday appointed 2005 batch IPS officer J Ravinder Goud as Lucknow Senior Superintendent of Police. He is currently Unnao SP.
The government has already transferred Lucknow SSP RK Chaturvedi as Kanpur Range DIG, after his elevation to the rank of DIG.
The government also transferred five senior IPS offiers of Additional DG rank. Ranjan Dwivedi, ADG of UP Police Recruitment and Promotion Board, was transferred as ADG, Human Rights. Dwivedi replaced AL Banerjee who has been posted as ADG, Technical Services. RR Bhatnagar who was posted as ADG, Crime Branch-CID, has been transferred to the post of ADG, UP Police Recruitment and Promotion Board. Jagmohan Yadav who was posted as ADG, Technical Services, has been transferred to the post of ADG, Crime Branch-CID. Harish Chander Kashyap who was ADG, Civil Defence, has been posted as ADG, Special Investigation Team.