Govt transfers 6 more IPS officers
- Maoists kill at least 7 poll officials, seven others in twin attack in Chhattisgarh
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over 'Kargil won by Muslim soldiers' remark
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- Did not get personal with Narendra Modi, says Rahul Gandhi
The state government on Sunday appointed 2005 batch IPS officer J Ravinder Goud as Lucknow Senior Superintendent of Police. He is currently Unnao SP.
The government has already transferred Lucknow SSP RK Chaturvedi as Kanpur Range DIG, after his elevation to the rank of DIG.
The government also transferred five senior IPS offiers of Additional DG rank. Ranjan Dwivedi, ADG of UP Police Recruitment and Promotion Board, was transferred as ADG, Human Rights. Dwivedi replaced AL Banerjee who has been posted as ADG, Technical Services. RR Bhatnagar who was posted as ADG, Crime Branch-CID, has been transferred to the post of ADG, UP Police Recruitment and Promotion Board. Jagmohan Yadav who was posted as ADG, Technical Services, has been transferred to the post of ADG, Crime Branch-CID. Harish Chander Kashyap who was ADG, Civil Defence, has been posted as ADG, Special Investigation Team.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit