Govt transfers 6 more IPS officers
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
The state government on Sunday appointed 2005 batch IPS officer J Ravinder Goud as Lucknow Senior Superintendent of Police. He is currently Unnao SP.
The government has already transferred Lucknow SSP RK Chaturvedi as Kanpur Range DIG, after his elevation to the rank of DIG.
The government also transferred five senior IPS offiers of Additional DG rank. Ranjan Dwivedi, ADG of UP Police Recruitment and Promotion Board, was transferred as ADG, Human Rights. Dwivedi replaced AL Banerjee who has been posted as ADG, Technical Services. RR Bhatnagar who was posted as ADG, Crime Branch-CID, has been transferred to the post of ADG, UP Police Recruitment and Promotion Board. Jagmohan Yadav who was posted as ADG, Technical Services, has been transferred to the post of ADG, Crime Branch-CID. Harish Chander Kashyap who was ADG, Civil Defence, has been posted as ADG, Special Investigation Team.