Govt's Lokpal Bill aimed at getting Rahul credit, sad that Hazare is supporting, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
A day after anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazareexpressed his 'satisfaction' over the amended
"The net result of passing this Lokpal is that Rahul Gandhi will get some credit," said Kejriwal addressing the mediapersons.
The AAP chief also expressed sadness over Hazare's support to the government's Lokpal Bill. "I am a little saddened by Anna's support to the government version of the Lokpal Bill," he added.
Kejriwal's statement comes a day after Hazare said that he was satisfied with the "new" and "strengthened" Bill after amendments by the Select Committee even though the Bill differed from the original Jan Lokpal Bill proposed by Team Anna in April 2011.
Notably, Kejriwal on Saturday said that Hazare was being misled on the Lokpal issue as he called government's Lokpal Bill as 'jokepal'. In a series of tweets, Kejriwal had expressed surprise at how Hazare could accept the Bill that was tabled in the Rajya Sabha on Friday. "I m really surprised. How can Anna accept sarkari lokpal bill? Sarkari lokpal is a "jokepal". Who is misguiding Anna?" Kejriwal had tweeted.
"I can assure you that there would not be a single
conviction with this Lokpal in next 10 years. I pondered over
who will gain from this Lokpal Bill. I found that Congress
would gain and its Vice President Rahul Gandhi will get some
credit for its passage," Kejriwal said.
AAP leader Prashant Bhushan also rejected government's amended Lokpal Bill saying it will not curb corruption since the bill has many flaws. "The government's Lokpal will be appointed by politicians with vested interests. There is no Lokayukta in this Lokpal bill nor does it provide protection to the whistleblower. Also, independent and unbiased investigation is not possible if we go by the government Lokpal," Prashant maintained.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress