Gracious in defeat, Cong thanks voters
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- Arvind Kejriwal writes to Narendra Modi on gas pricing, targest Mukesh Ambani again
- A day after Parliament passes Telangana bill, Hyderabad airport on red alert over letter threat
- Govt refuses security to IPL due to Lok Sabha polls, South Africa favourite to host 7th edition
- White House considers sanctions against Ukraine
Despite losing their bid in the Assembly elections, the Congress candidates of Surat have started giving advertisements in the news papers thanking the people who had voted them, while others have started making tours in their constituencies thanking the voters.
The Congress candidates of Surat have started roaming in their constituencies since last two days in open jeep thanking people who had voted them and also in those areas where they had not got votes. However, the winning BJP candidates of Surat were seen busy visiting the party office, meeting various leaders and discussing on the topic of who would be included in the new state Cabinet ministry.
Congress candidate from Surat East seat Kadir Pirzada, who lost elections with a margin of 15,789 votes, said, "We have contested with lion heart and fought bravely. We found that we were weak in some areas and we will now make our weaker areas more stronger so that in future it would not damage us. Even after the defeat, it is our responsibility to thank the people in our constituencies so we have started making the tours."