Gracious in defeat, Cong thanks voters
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
Despite losing their bid in the Assembly elections, the Congress candidates of Surat have started giving advertisements in the news papers thanking the people who had voted them, while others have started making tours in their constituencies thanking the voters.
The Congress candidates of Surat have started roaming in their constituencies since last two days in open jeep thanking people who had voted them and also in those areas where they had not got votes. However, the winning BJP candidates of Surat were seen busy visiting the party office, meeting various leaders and discussing on the topic of who would be included in the new state Cabinet ministry.
Congress candidate from Surat East seat Kadir Pirzada, who lost elections with a margin of 15,789 votes, said, "We have contested with lion heart and fought bravely. We found that we were weak in some areas and we will now make our weaker areas more stronger so that in future it would not damage us. Even after the defeat, it is our responsibility to thank the people in our constituencies so we have started making the tours."
- Sonia, Rahul must come clean on issues raised in the books:BJP
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign