Grades instead of divisions, no failing: DUís plan for 4-yr courses
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
"Twenty marks will be allotted to presentations and five to class participation," the official said. According to the proposed structure, students will have to study 11 "foundation course" over a duration of four semesters.
These will include two papers in languages ó English, Hindi and other modern Indian languages. With the emphasis on inter- and trans-disciplinarity, the university will also offer foundation papers in science, history, environment and public health, psychology, IT, business and entrepreneurship, governance and citizenship, geography and social development as well as mathematics.
Four application-based papers, including English and Hindi, will also be designed and will be taught from the second semester.
Even though marks will not be given to students for sports and other extra-curricular activities, some degree of relaxation in attendance might be offered.