Grades instead of divisions, no failing: DUís plan for 4-yr courses
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
"Twenty marks will be allotted to presentations and five to class participation," the official said. According to the proposed structure, students will have to study 11 "foundation course" over a duration of four semesters.
These will include two papers in languages ó English, Hindi and other modern Indian languages. With the emphasis on inter- and trans-disciplinarity, the university will also offer foundation papers in science, history, environment and public health, psychology, IT, business and entrepreneurship, governance and citizenship, geography and social development as well as mathematics.
Four application-based papers, including English and Hindi, will also be designed and will be taught from the second semester.
Even though marks will not be given to students for sports and other extra-curricular activities, some degree of relaxation in attendance might be offered.