Grades instead of divisions, no failing: DUís plan for 4-yr courses
- Malaysia signals missing plane carrying 239 including 5 Indians has crashed
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions over selected candidates and seat sharing
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
- Rest in freeze: Is Ashutosh Maharaj 40-day âclinically deadâ or a guru in a very long meditation?
"Twenty marks will be allotted to presentations and five to class participation," the official said. According to the proposed structure, students will have to study 11 "foundation course" over a duration of four semesters.
These will include two papers in languages ó English, Hindi and other modern Indian languages. With the emphasis on inter- and trans-disciplinarity, the university will also offer foundation papers in science, history, environment and public health, psychology, IT, business and entrepreneurship, governance and citizenship, geography and social development as well as mathematics.
Four application-based papers, including English and Hindi, will also be designed and will be taught from the second semester.
Even though marks will not be given to students for sports and other extra-curricular activities, some degree of relaxation in attendance might be offered.