Grand reception awaits Kalyan Singh for his BJP homecoming
- Army used 'chilly grenades' to catch Pakistani militant Sajjad Ahmed
- IPL Governing Council proposes two new teams to replace CSK, RR
- Central govt announces 98 Smart Cities, Naidu terms them 'safe investments for pvt firms'
- Sheena Bora murder: Police meet Mikhail Bora; five-day transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna
- ISRO launches rocket carrying GSAT-6 from Sriharikota
The BJP is planning a show of strength to mark the return of former chief minister Kalyan Singh to the party on January 21.
A big rally is being planned for which people are being mobilised from various parts of the state. All top BJP leaders from UP will be present, including those who were at the forefront of the Ram Janmabhoomi movement which led to demolition of the Babri Masjid during Kalyan's tenure in 1992.
BJP president Nitin Gadkari will be the chief guest. Former presidents Rajnath Singh and Murli Manohar Joshi will be there. BJP national vice-president Vinay Katiyar, Gorakhpur MP Yogi Adityanath, former MP chief minister and many others who were active in the Ram Janmabhoomi movement will also be there. So will be Aonla MP Maneka Gandhi and her son and Pilibhit MP Varun Gandhi.
After several years, the BJP is organising a rally with the presence of all senior leaders from the state. These leaders had not shared a stage even in the 2009 Lok Sabha elections and 2012 UP Assembly elections.
Party sources said the BJP wants to send out a message that there are no differences among its leaders and that they all are united. Besides, the party wants to make the rally a show the strength in the run-up to the Lok Sabha elections.
State party president Laxmikant Bajpai and other leaders are holding meetings every day to review preparations for the rally.