Green panel chief killed in mishap involving car in Hooda’s convoy
- TDP and BJP set to part ways; both may field candidates on all Seemandhra seats
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
R D Sheokand, who was the chairman of Haryana's State Level Environment Impact Assessment Authority, died on Monday in a road accident when a vehicle in Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda's cavalcade collided head on with his car on NH1 in Karnal.
Hooda and former state transport minister, O P Jain, were on their way from Panipat to Chandigarh. While Jain was with Hooda in his vehicle, Jain's vehicle was occupied by his PSO and driver.
On the other side of the highway, Sheokand and his friend Ranbir Lamba were travelling towards Delhi.
"Jain's driver and gunman were following the cavalcade. Jain's driver suddenly lost control and his vehicle swerved off the road while it was climbing the highway on Karnal's GT Road. The vehicle jumped the road divider and hit Sheokand's Swift Dzire in the opposite lane," SP Shashank Anand said.
While Sheokand died on the spot, Lamba sustained severe injuries. Jain's driver was also injured while his gunman was admitted to the Chandigarh PGIMER.
Hooda, in a message issued later, conveyed his heartfelt condolences to the members of Sheokand's family.
WITH PTI INPUTS
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer