Green panel chief killed in mishap involving car in Hooda’s convoy
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
R D Sheokand, who was the chairman of Haryana's State Level Environment Impact Assessment Authority, died on Monday in a road accident when a vehicle in Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda's cavalcade collided head on with his car on NH1 in Karnal.
Hooda and former state transport minister, O P Jain, were on their way from Panipat to Chandigarh. While Jain was with Hooda in his vehicle, Jain's vehicle was occupied by his PSO and driver.
On the other side of the highway, Sheokand and his friend Ranbir Lamba were travelling towards Delhi.
"Jain's driver and gunman were following the cavalcade. Jain's driver suddenly lost control and his vehicle swerved off the road while it was climbing the highway on Karnal's GT Road. The vehicle jumped the road divider and hit Sheokand's Swift Dzire in the opposite lane," SP Shashank Anand said.
While Sheokand died on the spot, Lamba sustained severe injuries. Jain's driver was also injured while his gunman was admitted to the Chandigarh PGIMER.
Hooda, in a message issued later, conveyed his heartfelt condolences to the members of Sheokand's family.
WITH PTI INPUTS