Grenades hurled at schools in Manipur
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- Fresh FIR against Azam Khan
- Election Live: BJP wants to destroy secular values, only Congress promises secularism, says Sonia Gandhi
Suspected militants lobbed powerful grenades at two educational institutions in Manipur's Thoubal and Imphal West districts. However, no one was injured as the ammunition failed to explode, the police said Sunday.
Sources said a powerful grenade was hurled at Comet English School at Changangei area at Airport road in Imphal West district Saturday.
Following the incident, enraged students, teachers and locals launched a sit-in at the local community hall.
Kh Ibomcha, the Principal of the school, told reporters that Saturday's hurling of explosives was the third such incident in past two months in which suspected militants had lobbed grenade at the school complex.
In a separate incident in Thoubal district, suspected militants hurled a powerful grenade at the complex of Progressive School at Wangjing area, sources said.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit