Grenades hurled at schools in Manipur
- Breaking: Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Suspected militants lobbed powerful grenades at two educational institutions in Manipur's Thoubal and Imphal West districts. However, no one was injured as the ammunition failed to explode, the police said Sunday.
Sources said a powerful grenade was hurled at Comet English School at Changangei area at Airport road in Imphal West district Saturday.
Following the incident, enraged students, teachers and locals launched a sit-in at the local community hall.
Kh Ibomcha, the Principal of the school, told reporters that Saturday's hurling of explosives was the third such incident in past two months in which suspected militants had lobbed grenade at the school complex.
In a separate incident in Thoubal district, suspected militants hurled a powerful grenade at the complex of Progressive School at Wangjing area, sources said.